Our board members serve a three-year term. Each of them devotes about an average of 8-10 hours per month serving in their specific roles, fulfilling other administrative duties and volunteering at training academies and events.
If you are interested in becoming a Board member and joining the SPT leadership team, please submit your interest in writing to [email protected] or call 404-702-5820.
To formally apply for a Board position, please submit in writing your position of interest with a resume to include your experience in tennis and/or working with persons with intellectual disabilities. Volunteer experience with other organizations is also helpful information. You will be contacted for further discussion. The process will include an interview with the SPT Nominating Committee. Thank you in advance for your interest and efforts to get further involved in serving the SPT athletes in a meaningful and life enriching experience.
Deadline for application is November 30th.
Secretary – Currently vacant and previously posted.
1. Prior experience with SPT in a volunteer position is preferred.
2. Take minutes at board meetings, submit to board members for corrections or changes. Distribute the final copy to board members within one week after the board meeting.
3. Conduct roll call at board meetings.
4. Assume responsibility of the chair in the absence of the board chair.
5. Provide notice of board meetings.
6. Send information from Executive Director or Board Chair as needed to all Board members.
Legal and Risk Management – Currently filled by Pete Callahan. Term expires 12/31/2021
1. Professional background experience in law or business preferred.
2. Guide the Board and/or management in seeking the advice of appropriate advisors, such as lawyer or accountant, as to significant, complex, or questionable matters.
3. Ensure SPT works with a trustworthy expert to examine liability exposures and obtain appropriate insurance, including Directors & Officers (D&O) insurance.
Sponsors/Major Donors/Giving Campaigns – Currently filled by Sissy Luciani. Term expires 12/31/2021
1. Lead efforts to establish Sponsors and Supporters program.
2. Identify potential sponsors.
3. Prepare and recommend a 3-year development strategic plan.
4. Establish strategy and tactics to pitch the program to identified prospects.
5. Recommend revisions and modifications to existing program that result in expansion of opportunities for solicitation efforts.
6. Seek feedback to the pros and cons of the existing program.