If you are interested in becoming a Board member and joining the SPT leadership team, please submit your interest in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404-702-5820.
To formally apply for a Board position, please submit in writing your position of interest with a resume to include your experience in tennis and/or working with persons with intellectual disabilities. Volunteer experience with other organizations is also helpful information. You will be contacted for further discussion. The process will include an interview with the SPT Nominating Committee. Thank you in advance for your interest and efforts to get further involved in serving the SPT athletes in a meaningful and life enriching experience.
In the effort to fill these openings on a timely basis, please submit your resume for consideration by no later than June 27, 2021.
SPT Board Openings and Associated Responsibilities:
SECRETARY/LEGAL AND RISK MANAGEMENT
- Prior experience with SPT in a volunteer position is preferred.
- Take minutes at board meetings, submit to board members for corrections or changes. Distribute the final copy to board members within one week after the board meeting.
- Conduct roll call at board meetings.
- Assume responsibility of the chair in the absence of the board chair and vice chair.
- Provide notice of board meetings.
- Send information from Executive Director or Board Chair as needed to all board members.
- Professional background experience in law or business preferred.
- Guide the Board and/or management in seeking the advice of appropriate advisors, such as lawyer or accountant, as to significant, complex, or questionable matters.
- Ensure SPT works with a trustworthy expert to examine liability exposures and obtain appropriate insurance, including Directors & Officers (D&O) insurance.
- Review and approval of language for all negotiated contracts prior to final authorization for signatory action.