It is with great pleasure we announce our plans and open the registration for the Special Pops Tennis 15th Annual Fall Classic Adaptive Tennis Tournament.
When: Saturday, October 24, 2020
Where: Lifetime Athletic and Tennis, 6350 Courtside Dr NW, Peachtree Corners
Like everything else in our lives during 2020, the Fall Classic will look and feel a little different. With the support and guidance of organizations like the ALTA Foundation, USTA Southern, Lifetime Athletic and Tennis, we’ve made several modifications for personal health and safety reasons. By following the modifications, we are confident you can still expect to Play Tennis – Make Friends – Live Life!
- The competition is a one day event.
- The competition will only feature Unified Doubles play.
- Each athlete will be placed in a competitive division.
- Each division will be played in a two-hour segment.
- Each athlete will play three timed matches, receive their placement medal and be dismissed prior to the arrival of the next division.
- Light refreshments will be available throughout the event.
- Overnight lodging is not available.
Health and Safety Measures
- Everyone will undergo a temperature check upon arrival.
- Everyone attending will need to sign a waiver at the designated check-in area.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask while on-site. Please bring your own masks.
- During tennis play, competitors will be permitted to remove their masks.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the tennis courts for the athletes, unified partners, spectators and volunteers.
- For spectators and other attendees, allotted seating will be spaced to accommodate social distancing guidelines.
Read more information from Lifetime about their safety measures.
Athlete and Volunteer Registration
There is a limit of 48 slots for athlete registrations. This is on a first come first serve basis. Registration closes on Friday, October 9, 2020.
Thank you in advance for the support you have offered and the patience you have shown through these times of uncertainty. Just know that SPT remains committed to our mission of “enriching lives.” We understand personal circumstances may make it not feasible for you to participate at this time. When it is again feasible for you to participate, you are always welcome as a member of the Special Pops Tennis family.
Looking forward to seeing you on the courts! Until then stay safe, healthy, happy and active!!! Feel free to contact me with your additional questions or for clarification regarding either the event or the registration process.
— Jim Hamm
Special Pops Tennis – Executive Director
NOTE: The Tournament Director will be monitoring for any circumstances that may affect the status of this event. We’ll share updates via email and on the website of any changes to the 2020 Fall Classic.