At each of our events we utilize volunteers in on-court and off-court capacities. Tennis experience and knowledge is a plus but not a requirement for all activities. Your involvement and passion for helping others is far more valuable than your knowledge or skill level as a tennis player. Tennis teams, school groups, families, neighborhoods, and individuals are all encouraged to get involved.
- Passion for the population and helping others
- Tennis skill and knowledge of the game required for some on-court volunteers
- Training athletes: instructor, ball feeder, court control
- Ball person
- Unified partner (please see specific requirements below)
- Site coordinator
- Administrative support
- Training academies: 8 weeks during spring- locations throughout metro Atlanta. Some locations provide an extended schedule for training.
- League Play: Early Fall
- Special Olympics Georgia State Games: May/June (see requirements below)
- Annual Fall Classic Adaptive Tennis Tournament
- Fundraising events
- Other – If you have expertise you’d like to share, please contact Special Pops at email@example.com
Enjoy the thrill of making a difference in the lives of our athletes while enriching your own life. For more information about volunteer opportunities with our organization and the programs we offer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
See Forms Tab above to print out forms required for being a Unified Partner and/or Volunteer at the Georgia Special Olympic Summer Games.
Please register for the Volunteer/Coaches Training on Saturday March 5